Friday, June 14, 2013

Talk of the town...

This card is inspired by the sketch from CAS Colors & Sketches #29 and the colors from The Alley Way Stamps #30. The moment I saw the sketch I wanted to create spotlights  resembling the horizontal and vertical stripes of the sketch. But where will the spotlight go and then the freebies from The Alley way Stamps struck me. So, here's my card.

The spotlight was made with masking and inking using a sponge dauber. The focal image was printed colored and cut using a sizzix circle die. Sentiment and dash lines are hand written and drawn. I used Memento Dye inks and pencil colors. 

The challenges for which I am submitting this are -


Hope you enjoy my card.

6 comments:

  1. I have never seen a spotlight like that before! It's totally awesome! Thanks for joining us at the TAWS BE Inspired challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo cool... Love your handwriting to bits. And the faux stitching looks awesome. GREAT card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card - great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS Colours & Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your take on our sketch Deepti! Great card. Thanks so much for playing along at CC&S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your take on our sketch challenge. The star is very original. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete